Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Verdad que no estoy loca?!

First of all, I would like to say Happy New Year!! Last night was spent with my family and family friends! What started out to be an awkward night with no music in our house, turned out to be really fun! We went from house to house through out the night , ate food, finally found music for our house, and danced into the new year. After, my sisters and I went to a neighbor's and danced more until about one in the morning, then enjoyed to fresh air and stars until about 2:30 in the morning. It was another new experience for me, but I enjoyed it!

Over the past weekend, I went on a trip to a beach called Manuel Antonio with my friend, Ryan from Colorado. We quickly learned a lesson in reserving a room a little in advance, because we spent the majority of a time looking for a hostel to stay in for the night. (We always had a back-up plan, so we weren't in any danger of not having anywhere to stay). We ended up staying in a random tent at a hostel, which was interesting! Anyways, Manuel Antonio is supposedly the prettiest beach in Costa Rica. I definitely believe that! Although, it was covered with tourists, which was something I wasn't very used too and took away from some of the beauty.
So for a while now, some of the exchange students and I have been talking about getting tattoos. Not just for the fun of it, a lot of us have been greatly effected by our experiences here. I personally have taken the expression "Pura Vida" to heart, and decided to get that on my foot! So, when I was with Ryan we had been talking about it and realized how quickly we are running out of time here, so instead of spending two days at the beach, we left early in the morning Sunday to go to San Jose to get our tattoos! It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, and I couldn't be happier with it! I only hope that when I'm older, I haven't forgotten all of the lessons I've learned while I've been here which would explain why the expression Pura Vida means so much to me.

Photo: Say something about this photo... My tattoo!

By the way, the title of my blog post says I'm not crazy, right?! Since that's all my host sisters were calling me!

Sorry once again for the short blog post, I'm tring to enjoy everything I have here for the next 13 days....!!

PURA VIDA!:)

Tieta

No comments:

Post a Comment