Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Feliz Navidad a Todos

Merry Christmas, Everyone!
So, it's Christmas and I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. That right there makes my Christmas different from any other..let alone, I'm not with my family, there is no real christmas tree, and I haven't seen one traditional christmas movie since last year. But, I am ready for a new experience. Apparently Christmas isn't very well-liked here, so I don't think I am in for much today. Although, my family and I went out to dinner last night at a chinese resteraunt! (All I could think about was A Christmas Story..).  It was really nice to go out and have more family time! I honestly feel like I'm the obviously adopted child in their family! My host sisters have become my real sisters, and I always look to my host parents for advice as if they were my real parents! Today I believe we are going to my host cousins house to "celebrate" although I am not expecting more than just having more family time and talking, which is nice!

Now, For Some Updates

Thursday and Friday nights I was in a place called Puerto Viejo with a couple friends from the states! Seeing as I still haven't been able to make it to Guanacaste, I was excited to see the beaches in Limon(the province that Puerto Viejo is in) since apparently they are second best. They most definitely were gorgeous even though it was raining a fair amount of the day we had to go to the beach. The hostel we stayed in was called Rocking J's. It was the coolest hostel I have ever been too! The people are really nice, you can rent hammocks or tents to sleep in for 7 dollars, and for years people have been painting the hostel to leave their mark!

 This is me and my friend Ryan after climbing a palm tree on the beach!

After me, Kelsey, and Ryan painted the inside of a shower! I guess you could say I miss Vermont..

 The food in the province of Limon is different from the rest of Costa Rica. Here, you can see the traditional rice and beans of Limon!

 Some artwork of other people staying in Rocking J's

 aaand some more artwork!

 And one more! I just thought this one was kind of funny since usually it's the other way around..

 The hammocks that we stayed in!

 You can also rent tents!

Yarelin's First Birthday
So, I have experienced a fair amount of birthdays this year, and written about them, but I thought I would mention this one as well. The other day was my cousin's daughter's first birthday!

 Two little boys playing a game where there are two balloons on the ground and the first one to find one and sit on it wins a lollipop!

 Yarelin is the baby in the pink dress!

So, I apologize for the lack of writing, with this post it was easier to explain with pictures! Merry Christmas to everyone reading this post, I hope it is absolutely amazing and enjoy your time with your family as much as possible.

Feliz Navidad! Pura vida

Tieta

No comments:

Post a Comment