Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just A Bunch Of Small Things

This blog post is going to be a little random..it is mostly a few small things that have happened or some short stories before I forget them!


  • My host family's dog had puppies! One of them is mine and her name is Moo because she looks like a cow! (it was my host cousin's idea) I said that I wanted to take her home with me and they took me seriously, so they are now trying to figure out how much it would cost to get her allowed on the plane..so mom and dad, I hope you are ready for a new puppy!
  • I had another adventure in the rainforests of Costa Rica (which are basically in my backyard) last Sunday with my host family and cousins and a couple family friends! My host dad took us to a waterfall that is incredibly hidden and absolutely gorgeous! Although, there was a fair amount of trash in it which was dissapointing. The way getting there though was extremely exhausting and required a good amount of trust in trees and stubs to ensure you don't fall down the steep incline on your way up and down! It took us about 4 hours to go there and back even though it is only about a 20 minute walk from the house! It was absolutely amazing, and great excercise! I will be sure to upload pictures in my next post!
  • Tomorrow I have to make a presentation in front of my school about the United States..I am a bit nervous about that, but it should only take about 5 minutes! They said I need to bring in a typical dish from the US which brought up a problem for me. People ask me pretty often what typical food is in the US besides hamburgers and hot dogs..but I find that to be a pretty hard question. Due to the extreme diversity in our country, every time someone asks me about the US I have to specify I am speaking for my family alone. Although we don't have a typical food like they do here (beans and rice). Every meal is different. So, I am bringing in chocolate chip pancakes because my family seems to enjoy those!
  • Tomorrow afternoon I am going to San Jose to spend the night and get ready to go on a trip to the peninsula de osa for 4 days and I am really excited! As much as I love my host family, it is nice to spend some time with the other exchange students every once in a while!
Well, I believe that is it for now, I hope everyone is still enjoying reading this and seeing what I am up too as I go deeper and deeper into the Tico culture and language.

Tieta Keetle

No comments:

Post a Comment